How to Learn HTML for Free
You have heard that HTML is used to make website. This post is for you if you want to learn HTML but you have still have some nagging questions.
Yes, you can learn HTML without having to go to a college or a boot camp. In fact, you can learn HTML at the comfort of your own home. However, you will need learning materials to enable you to learn effectively.
Why Should You Teach Yourself HTML
- you can easily access the resources online.
- you save your time. You study when you have the time and don’t have to commute to class.
- you save your money. The courses are available online for free or a fraction of the amount you would pay for a college course.
How Can You learn HTML Without Going to School?
There are many ways in which you can learn HTML. These are:
1. Watching Youtube video courses
There are a lot of guys who have created great youtube channels to teach you and me how to make websites. And they teach basic and advanced HTML skills.
There are many youtube video courses that can teach you HTML. If you learn well by listening and watching, you will find video courses enjoyable. Some of the courses I have taken is the HTML Crash Course For Absolute Beginners By Brad Traversy.
Taking an online course.
You can learn HTML by taking an online course that teaches HTML skill. There are many free and paid course. For now, I would recommend sticking to the most popular online courses. These are:
- short introduction course in HTML on this website.
- FreeCodeCamp HTML course
- Build Websites from Scratch with HTML & CSS - Udemy
- Mozilla Dev MDN HTML course
- Modern HTML & CSS From The Beginning (Including Sass)
- Build Responsive Real-World Websites with HTML and CSS - Udemy
- HTML basics - Team Treehouse
Reading HTML reference guides.
After taking your first few lessons, you will encounter a situation where your code does not work as you expect. Use the HTML references to troubleshoot your code.
Learn-Search-Ask Learning method
Sometimes when you get stuck, do a search on google what you are trying to accomplish. You will probably get an answer as soon as you ask.
I am Stuck With HTML, What Should I Do?
If you come across a problem that you don’t know the solution to while learning HTML, you can try the following solutions:
- Search online for a solution to your question.
- Join an active online forum: FreeCodeCamp Forum
- Join a facebook group of fellow learners where you can ask questions.
How to Choose Good HTML Tutorial
When choosing a good HTML tutorial check to ensure that the course:
- is up to date.
- should be practical based learning.
- covers all the most used HTML tags.
Practising What You Have Learnt
After you have learnt the basics of HTML, its time to practice your newly acquired skill. To practice outside of the online editing tools, you will use a text editor to write your code and a browser to view the result. Read how to practice HTML offline, if you want to start practising HTML outside of the online tutorials.
Hi there! I am Avic Ndugu.
Front End Developer Newsletter
Receive a monthly Frontend Web Development newsletter.
Never any spam, easily unsubscribe any time.