Can You Host a Website on Google [Answered]
You can Host a website on google. Google has 3 services that can be used to host a website.
Google has a wesite builder called Google sites, blogging platform called Blogger, a website application hosting platform called Google Cloud Platform and Google Firebase a realtime database.
How Can You Host Your Website on Google
1. Use Google Sites
Google site is a simple website builder to use.
Google Sites is 100% free.
You can even link your own custom domain with no additional cost.
With Google sites, you can create a website with a drag and drop interface.
You can collaboratively edit the website in real time. Most people use Google sites to create portfolio, business, school, and intranet websites.
Start Using Google Sites
2. Use Blogger
Although Blogger, was started in 1999, blogger has always received updates to ensure it meets the current standards.
You can use Google Sites to create and host a blog on blogspot.com or custom domain.
Blogger themes are responsive and mobile friendly.
Blogger still continues to enjoy a selection of die hard fans.
3. Use Google Cloud Platform(GCP) and Firebase
Google Cloud Platform is a more involved platform. You need some development and server management knowledge to use and manage Google Console Platform.
A more approachable platform is Google Firebase where you can host static websites. You can also integrate your static website with Firebase database.
Advantages of Hosting Your Website on Google
- High availability of your Website
- Free hosting for tools like Blogger, Google Sites and Firebase
Disadvantages of Hosting your Website on Google
- Your website can be suspended if go against Google’s guidelines
Alternatives to Hosting Your Website on Google
Sometimes, Google hosting may not meet your needs.
You can choose to host your website using:
- website builder like Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, and Webflow.
- Wordpress Hosting like Hostgator, GoDaddy, Kinsta, and Flywheel.
- static Website Hosting like Netlify, Vercel, and Github Pages.
- servers you manage for yourself like Vultr, Linode, and Digital Ocean.
Hi there! I am Avic Ndugu.
Front End Developer Newsletter
Receive a monthly Frontend Web Development newsletter.
Never any spam, easily unsubscribe any time.