How to create a folder in Github repository online
If don’t have access to Git command line or Github Desktop app, you can still create a folder using Github Website. Here is how you can do that.
- Open the Github repository in which you want to add a folder.
create new fileoption.
Type the folder name on the text box that appears
/(forward slash) at the end of the folder name. A new text box should appear after your folder name.
Type a file name together with a filename extension on this new text box.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the commit button.
- You cannot create an empty folder on Github website.
- You cannot add, commit or push an empty folder even if you are using Git or Github Desktop app.
- Git keeps track of files and their locations in folders. So if a folder is empty, Git ignores it until you add a file inside it.